Thursday, April 26, 2007

Goodbye to an Old Friend



This might look like an ordinary slipper to you, but to Aggatha Bojo it has been a dear friend and plaything. Brian gave me these slippers (yes, there used to be a pair) for Christmas 2002. I loved them. A few short months later, we brought home a cute little one pound yorkie. I would wear these slippers all the time. We first knew Aggie liked them when she would spring out from behind furniture to attack my feet while walking. We thought she liked them because they were furry. I tried to teach her that they were my shoes, but I gave it up when she peed on them. They became Aggie's slippers.

You might be wandering why we are deciding to retire these blessed slippers. Well, for one thing they stink to high heaven. They have been washed and bleached many times- they still stink. Aggie has horrible breath and I guess she slobbers on them when she plays tug-of-war. Believe me, it is high time to get rid of them. I have decided to give her my current pair in hopes that Santa will bring me a new pair next Christmas.

So, Aggie- here's to many good times with the old slippers and here's to many more with the new ones!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. I remember when they were yours and when they became Aggies. Poor Aggie. Maybe she won't remember them. :)
Leslie

Anonymous said...

It is long overdue, getting rid of that smelly slipper, Aggie needs her teeth cleaned, please schedule soon as you can :)!