Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Brian and Jenny: Animal Rescue Rangers

Sunday night as we were getting into the car to go to church a bird had flown into our garage and couldn't find its way back out again. Brian got all heroic and tried to get the bird to fly out of the garage. It was determined to go out the closed window. The bird kept getting all upset and wouldn't go the right way, so Brian had to catch it gently and take it outside. He finally caught it and let it go outside. I was worried that it had a broken wing, but it flew away just fine.

Well, the next day as I was leaving for the grocery store and thinking about the bird, I saw our neighbor's cat pawing at a chipmunk. I stopped the car in the middle of the street and went running and screaming over towards the cat to leave the poor chipmunk alone. The cat grabbed the chipmunk and started running away! I grabbed a little kid-sized broom and started chasing the cat with it. It finally let go of the chipmunk and went running into the woods. I couldn't find the chipmunk after that, so I am hoping that it survived!

If you need any help rescuing animals, just let us know!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Stop looking, drive away ASAP!!!

Anonymous said...

That is funny stuff! I couldn't stop laughing at the image of you running with a "kid-sized" broom wacking it at a cat. HAHAHAHA!!! That is just hysterical! :) Was MK watching with wide eyes? Leslie

Jennifer said...

You can come rescue Frosty. I freaking hate that cat!

Kid sized broom? Where on earth did you grab that from? I figure you yanked it away from some kid helping her mom sweep off her driveway.