Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Let's Go Yoga-ing

Brian got me a membership to a gym in town for Mother's Day. I am very excited about it and have gone twice. Last night (my second time going) I wanted to do the 6:30 class but didn't know what it was until I showed up. Turns out it was "power yoga." I was a bit nervous after Jennifer's post, but I thought I would try it out. Here are some of my observations:

1. Up dog and down dog is a position in yoga, not a command to a dog.

2. Apparently, my hamstrings are glued in a too-tight position and have been since 1978.

3. I am not flexible.

4. I do not have good balance.

5. Yikes! I do NOT bend that way!

6. I enjoyed the relaxation part of the class. However, Brian wants to try Yoga and he would fall asleep during the relaxation part and I would have to drag him home. (He falls asleep in less than two minutes).

7. Men don't look attractive doing yoga. (Sorry honey, but maybe you should just try it at home). I too had one male in my class and he looked a little funny doing some of the moves. Then again, so did I.

All in all, not a bad experience, but I couldn't tell if I got a work out or I was just plain worn out from trying to figure out all of the strange positions people were getting themselves into.

1 comment:

Neely said...

Yeah, Brian does fall asleep in no time flat!