Friday, December 15, 2006

Red-Head Rants

I would just like to take a moment to rant a bit about being a red-head and having a red-headed daughter.

1. People seem to think that it is their "obligatory duty" to comment on MK's red hair everywhere we go. It is just hair people! Now, I don't mind the nice comments but the comments of "Whew! That's about as red as red can be!" we can really do without!

2. Being a red-head does not necessarily mean that we have a temper. LOTS and LOTS of people have tempers who are not red-heads. So, it really doesn't mean anything. Having a temper is part of being a sinner.

3. Just because a little girl has red hair does not mean that she will be mean. I taught kindergarten for four years and I saw plenty of mean kids. Most of them were not red-heads.


MK sharing her bubbles.


4. Being a red-head does not mean that we will fry every time that we go out into the sun. We can get a tan. Now granted, we won't tan like J-Lo, but we can get a nice golden color. It all depends on skin tone, not hair color!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jenny, I'm just impressed you are actually calling yourself a red head! Not long ago you were "auburn and auburn only thank you very much!" :) Hehe!!

Anonymous said...

That was me-Les

Becky said...

Haha, that's funny, as I was reading this I thought "but it's really more like auburn".

It's crazy what people will say!

Anonymous said...

girl- people have a lot of nerve, don't they? i would so tell them to stick it! anyways, MK is gorgeous!!!

Anonymous said...

I think MK's (and Yours for that matter) hair is gorgeous! It really is unique, and you have such thick hair... not really common with red hair. My youngest sister has "auburn" colored (LOL!) hair, but with the latin in her she CAN tan just like JLo, LOL! I've always had a fondness for it, but I can deff see how comments from strangers can be grating.

~Andrea

Jennifer said...

The next time someone says "that's about as red as red can be" you need to smile and say "well you're about as tactless as tactless can be so we're all even!!"

Jennifer said...

or "you're about as dumbass as dumbass can be"

Amanda said...

I think your hair and MK's is gorgeous!!! My cousin has beautiful red hair and is heart broken that her two kids have their daddy's hair tone (brown!)